Creamy Butternut Squash & Golden Turmeric Soup
“This Creamy Butternut Squash s
- Heat a large pot over medium
heat. Add the olive oil (or coconut oil).
- Add the onion and saute for 2
minutes, then add garlic, the Nia Golden Turmeric mix, cumin, black pepper, and sea salt and stir for 1 minute or 2.
- Add the cubed butternut squash
, and water (add enough water to cover).
- Bring to a boil and then
reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 25 minutes until the squash is tender and a fork can easily pierce it through.
- Remove the soup from the heat
and add the coconut milk ( Remember to set aside a few tablespoons for topping).
- Puree with a hand-held
immersion blender, or carefull y transfer the soup into your blender and blend until you get a smooth, creamy puree.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if
- To serve, pour the soup into
bowls and using a spoon, drizzle with the remaining coconut milk.
Share this recipe: